This kit will help you complete a Proof of Concept (PoC) at your organization, at a customer or get familar with some Microsoft products in a lab environment.
Allowing you to quickly evaluate the new Microsoft desktop technologies, including Windows 7, Office 2010, Internet Explorer 8, and Application Virtualization (AppV) with Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack technology.
It will also familiarize you with some of the important deployment tools provided by Microsoft to assist with your broader deployment efforts. This PoC isn’t meant to be comprehensive training mechanism but rather an introductory set of modules to familiarize you with tools and technologies.
Included in the package:
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP)
- Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT)
- Microsoft Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM) (A tool to assess and upgrade Office versions and files, like macro compatibility for example)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day Trial image
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Office 2010 with Application Virtualization (App-V)
In short, a package that any consultant arriving on a mission around Windows 7 should have.